1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liner. Set aside.
For The Cupcake
3. In a bowl, add cake mix, eggs, oil and water. Mix well till combined into a smooth batter. Put the pudding mix and continue to mix till incorporated.
4. Pour the batter into the lined muffin grooves up to 3/4th.
5. Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
For The Frosting
6. In a bowl, put the cream cheese and butter. Using an electric beater mix it till smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar slowly and continue to beat til combined and creamy.
7. Put cool whip and continue to beat till incorporated.
8. Take each cooled cupcake. Spread the frosting over it generously. Garnish with strawberry or white chocolate shavings and serve as dessert.
Surprising your guests with mouthwatering desserts is not at all difficult and you will know once you watch this video recipe of Red Velvet Cream Cheese Cupcakes. It is literally a cheat's recipe but it tastes out of this world. Give it a go when you have guests over to get rave reviews.