Coconut Cupcakes - Gluten Free
|Ground almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chickpea flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Xanthan gum||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canola margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|For the lemon frosting|
|Canola margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extarct||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Prepare a paper lined muffin tray.
3. In large bowl, combine, ground almonds, chick pea flour, coconut flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Stir to combine ingredients.
4. In stand mixer bowl, beat canola margarine and sugar until fluffy. Gradually beat in egg yolks.
5. Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl, until soft peaks form, set aside.
6. Gently add the dry ingredients into the bowl along with the lemon juice.
7. Fold egg whites into the egg yolk and flour mixture.
8. Transfer mixture to paper lined muffin cups.
9. Bake in oven for 25–30 minutes.
10. Once cooked, remove from muffin cups and cool on wire rack.
11. In the meantime make the lemon frosting, combine canola margarine, icing sugar, milk, vanilla and lemon zest in medium bowl.
12. Beat well until mixture is fluffy.
13. Once the cupcakes are cool enough pipe the lemon frosting over the cupcakes.
14. Serve after a hearty meal.
Calories 736 Calories from Fat 299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.4%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.4%
Trans Fat 2.1 g
Cholesterol 106.1 mg35.4%
Sodium 387 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 100.4 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet