Whole Wheat Cupcakes
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apples||1 Cup (16 tbs), unpared and grated|
|Nuts||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375F).
2. Grease muffins pans using butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder, nutmeg and baking soda and sieve together. Keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, cream shortening and sugar till well combined.
5. Add molasses and cream well.
6. Add eggs gradually and beat well.
7. Add sieved ingredients, nuts and apples and mix well.
8. Place mixture in greased muffin pans, ensuring you fill only up to 2/3 space.
9. Bake in pre heated oven for 20 minutes or till done.
10. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
11. Transfer on to a platter and serve immediately, plain or frosted.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3712 Calories from Fat 1522
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 169 g260.6%
Saturated Fat 38.5 g192.4%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 3818.8 mg159.1%
Total Carbohydrates 518 g172.6%
Dietary Fiber 45.9 g183.6%
Sugars 270.3 g
Protein 70 g139.2%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 134.4% Iron 124.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet