If you love the sweet, gooey taste of caramel, then you'll love these cupcakes! Made from a simple box cake mix and an easy homemade caramel sauce, these cupcakes are a fun and tasty snack filled with the flavors of fall.
Carrot cake mix
18 1⁄4 Ounce (package)
Granny smith apple
1 Cup (16 tbs), cored, peeled and chopped
20 , unwrapped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, prepare cake mix according to package instructions.
3. Add in apple and cinnamon and stir well to mix.
4. Fill parchment-lined jumbo muffin cups 2/3 full with cake batter.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven allow to cool for 10 minutes, remove form, mold and allow to cool completely.
7. In a small saucepan over low heat, place together caramels and milk stir until melted and smooth.
8. Drizzle caramel sauce over the cupcakes; sprinkle nuts over top.
9. Insert a craft stick in the center of each cupcake and serve.