Red Velvety Cup Cakes
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||1 Teaspoon|
|Red velvet cake recipe||1|
1. In a bowl, add flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time, making sure to beat well after each egg.
3. Add 1/4 of dry ingredients to creamed mixture then approximately 1/4 of buttermilk alternating until mixed well. Mix in vanilla and food coloring.
4. Fill lined cupcake pans 1/2 full of red velvet batter.
5. In a preheated oven, bake at 180 degrees centigrade for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Cool cupcakes in pans for 5 to 10 minutes then remove from pans.
7. Serve cooled or with frosting.