|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Unbleached flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prune juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Prunes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Heat the oven to 350°F.
2) Use paper liners to line 9 cups of a muffin tin.
3) In a bowl, sift all but 2 teaspoons of the whole wheat pastry flour, unbleached white flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix well.
4) Add in honey prune juice, oil, egg, and vanilla and beat well.
5) Finely chop prunes in a food processor adding in the rest of the whole wheat pastry flour.
6) Gently fold into the batter.
7) Add equal amounts into the muffin cups and place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
8) Remove from tin and place on wire racks to cool.
9) Garnish with extra chopped prunes and serve.