Red Velvet Mini Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Butter Cream
|Flour||5 1⁄5 Ounce|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Egg white||1 Medium|
|Pure vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red food coloring||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the cream cheese butter cream|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the simple syrup|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Prepare mini cupcakes pan lined with cupcakes liners.
3. In a bowl combine the unsalted butter and sugar, using an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar until well combined.
4. Add egg and mix well to combine.
5. Add egg whites and continue to whisk.
6. Add flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and dash of salt, pass it through a sieve into the mixing bowl, use spatula to break down any lumps.
7. Add vanilla extract and red food coloring.
8. Whisk everything, add the milk in two parts, whisk until smooth batter consistency.
9. Add a scoop of the batter into the cupcakes liner and bake for 16-18 minutes.
10. Once done remove and allow the cupcakes to cool on wire racks.
11. In a saucepan combine sugar and water, dissolve the sugar completely to form simple syrup.
12. Once done allow it to cool.
13. Once the cupcake and simple syrup have cooled, dip each cupcake into the simple syrup and place it back on the racks, this will keep the cake moist.
14. In a bowl combine cream cheese and unsalted butter, cream until well combined using an electric mixer.
15. Add sifted powdered sugar and mix well until smooth and creamy.
16. Add vanilla extract and mix everything well.
17. Transfer the cream mixture in a piping bag which is fitted with a nozzle.
18. And pipe the cream over the cupcakes.
19. Serve after a hearty meal.