Raisin Cup Cakes
|Raisins||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Thoroughly wash the raisins and soak them into 2 cups water in a saucepan.
3) Place the saucepan over heat to boil for 20 minutes.
4) Drain the water by saving 1/2 cup of liquid.
5) Allow the raisins to cool.
6) In a bowl, whip up shortening by adding sugar.
7) Beat in egg and cooled raisins.
8) In another bowl, sift together flour, salt, soda and nutmeg.
9) Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture with raisin liquid.
10) Use greased cup cake tins or paper baking cups to pour the batter.
11) Place inside oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
12) Allow the cakes to cool.
13) Serve the cakes by adding your choice of topping, if desired.