|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a mixing bowl, place the shortening.
3) Sift together the dry ingredients.
4) Add the egg and half of the milk to the dry ingredients and mix till the flour is moistened.
5) With an electric mixer set at low speed, beat the mixture for about 2 minutes.
6) Add the vanilla along with the remaining milk and beat for another 1 minute.
7) Fill the paper bake cups in the muffin pans about ½-full with the batter.
8) Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
9) Set the cupcakes aside and let them cool. Frost with preferred frosting.
10) Serve the cupcakes at room temperature or slightly chilled. Best when served as a dessert.