Chocolate Sundae Cupcakes
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa||3 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen dairy whipped topping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thawed|
|Chocolate syrup||4 Teaspoon (1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon)|
|Maraschino cherries||4 , cut into halves|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Using electric mixer on high speed, in large mixing bowl beat together egg yolks and sugar until thick and lemon colored; gradually beat in oil.
3. On sheet of wax paper or a paper plate sift together flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
4. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating after each addition, until combined; set aside.
5. In a bowl beat egg whites on high speed until stiff but not dry.
6. Gently fold beaten whites into flour mixture.
7. Spray eight 2 1/2-inch-diameter muffin-pan cups with nonstick cooking spray; fill each cup with an equal amount of batter (about 1/4 cup) and partially fill remaining cups with water as this will prevent pan from burning and/or warping.
8. Bake in middle of center oven rack for 15 to 20 minutes (until a toothpick, inserted in center, comes out clean).
9. Remove pan from oven and carefully drain off water (remember, it will be boiling hot).
10. Remove cupcakes from pan and set on wire rack to cool.
11. To serve, top each cupcake with 1/8 of the whipped topping and syrup, then top each with 1/2 maraschino cherry.