|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Softened butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Arrange paper cake cups in muffin pans.
2. Re-sift the flour with the cornstarch and baking powder.
3. Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the egg yolk, blending well.
5. Add the flour mixture in 3 parts alternately with the fruit and nuts, and a little milk if the mixture is very stiff.
6. Beat the egg white with the salt until it holds soft peaks.
7. Fold it into the cup cake mixture.
8. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, filling them 2/3 full.
9. Bake until springy and lightly browned for about 20 mins at 375°F.