|Soy milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Flax seed||2 Tablespoon, ground|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened apple sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the frosting|
|Soy milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degree.
2. Prepare the greased muffin tin.
3. In a small bowl combine soy milk and apple cider vinegar, let it sit for 5 minutes and then whisk it until frothy.
4. In another large bowl combine ground flax seed, water, both the sugar, soy milk mixture, vanilla extract, unsweetened apple sauce, peanut butter, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Stir until you get a batter like consistency, once done keep it aside.
6. For the frosting: In another bowl combine soy milk, cocoa, peanut butter and powdered sugar, mix well.
7. Pour the cupcake batter in the individual muffin moulds and top it with the frosting.
8. Bake it in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
9. Once done remove from the oven and let it cool.
10. Serve the peanut butter cupcakes along with your tea.
Calories 251 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 234.2 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.6%
Sugars 25.6 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet