Mango Coconut Cupcakes (Part 1): Cupcake Show #27
|Cake flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, cut in cubes|
|Mango puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking spray||1 Dash|
|For mango filling|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce|
|Mango puree||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essece||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweetened shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners and spray the top of the pan with baking spray, set aside.
3. In a medium size bowl, mix together cake flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. In a mixer bowl, fitted in a stand mixer with paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy for 2 minutes.
5. Add the mango puree and vanilla and beat until mixed and scrape the side of bowl with spatula.
6. Put in the eggs 1 at a time and beat well after each addition.
7. Drop in all the flour mixture, beat well until well incorporated, scrape the sides of the bowl while beating as needed.
8. Spoon the batter equally into the muffin wells, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and until the toothpick inserted in the comes out clean.
9. Place on the rack and allow the cupcake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely on rack.
For the filling
10. In small saucepan over medium-high heat, put the mange puree, sugar and cornstarch bring to a boil stirring constantly and allow to boil for 30 seconds.
11. Take the pan off the heat and transfer the mixture into a small bowl and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
For the frosting
12. In a mixer bowl, fitted in a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter, cream cheese, mango puree, vanilla and powdered sugar for about 2 minutes.
13. Add the coconut, stir to mix and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
14. Using a paring knife, cut out a deep circular core in the center of the cupcakes.
15. Drop about 2 teaspoons of mango filling in the center of each cupcake and place the core back.
16. Do the same for all the cupcakes and frost them generously.
17. Serve as desired.