Key Lime Cupcakes (Part 2): Cupcake Show #24
|Cake flour||18 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, cut in small pieces|
|2 % milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking spray||1 Dash|
|For key lime frosting|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Key lime zest||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||16 Ounce|
|Key lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Key lime zest||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners and spray the top of the pan with baking spray, if desired and set aside.
3. Zest the key limes with micro-plane, juice them and set aside.
3. In a measuring cup, mix the egg whites with milk and vanilla and set aside.
4. In a mixer bowl, fitted in a stand mixer, put together cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, mix well.
5. Put butter and mix on low speed and then slowly stream in the milk mixture, raise the speed and let it mix for 2 minutes.
6. Scrape the sides of bowl with a spatula and stir to mix.
7. Fill muffin pan cups about 3/5 with the batter and bake for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for about 5 minutes.
9. Loosen the sides of each cupcake with a fork and remove them on a cooling rack and allow it to cool completely for 1 hour.
10. In a mixer bowl, fitted in a stand mixer, cream the butter.
11. Add the lime zest, vanilla and pinch of salt and whisk until well combined.
12. Put the sugar in 2 batches alternating with lime juice and beat well.
13. Mix in the ½ of the milk and check the consistency, add the remaining milk it needed.
14. You can spread the frosting on the cupcakes or fill a piping bag with drop star tip no. 35, with the frosting and decorate the cupcakes.
15. Sprinkle the lime zest over the cupcakes and serve as desired.