S'more Cupcakes (Part 2): Cupcake Show #26
|Graham cracker crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , seperated|
|Butter||8 Tablespoon, cut in pieces|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking spray||1 Dash|
|For chocolate ganache|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Marshmallow fluff||7 1⁄2 Ounce|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners and spray the top of the pan with baking spray, set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. In a mixer bowl, fitted in a stand mixer with whisk attachment, beat 3 egg whites on medium speed until soft peak consistency. Transfer it to another bowl and set aside.
5. In a same mixer bowl, fitted in a stand mixer with paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy for 2 minutes.
6. Add 3 eggs yolks, putting 1 at a time and beat until well combined and beat in vanilla.
7. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the cracker crumb mixture little at a time alternating with milk until well mixed.
8. Add 1/3 of the egg white mix with spatula to lighten the batter.
9. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites until there is no sign of the egg whites.
10. Divide the batter equally among the muffin wells and bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
11. Let the cupcakes to cool in pan for 5 minutes and then remove them on wire rack and allow to cool completely.
For chocolate ganache
12. In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix the heavy cream, chocolate and corn syrup and stir until smooth.
13. Take the pan off the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
14. Using a paring knife, cut out a deep circular core in the centre of the cupcakes.
15. Spoon the ganache in the centre of each cupcake and place the core back.
16. Do the same for all the cupcakes and place them on a shallow baking sheet.
17. Microwave the marshmallow container without lid for about 10 seconds.
18. Using a palate knife frost the tops of the cupcakes with the marshmallows fluff.
19. Place the baking sheet under broiler and broil the cupcakes until brown and toasted, turning the sheet as needed.
20. Serve as desired.