Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting: Cupcake Show #21
|For dry ingredients|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For wet ingredients|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|For cream cheese frosting|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 ̊F.
2. Line the cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
3. In a medium bowl, put all the dry ingredients except carrots and stir with whisk until mixed.
4. Add grated carrots and toss well with a spatula.
5. In a mixer bowl fitted in a stand mixer, beat the eggs until frothy using a paddle attachment.
6. While still beating, slowly stream in the canola oil and beat until combined.
7. Put the flour mixture in the egg mixture and continue beating on slow speed.
8. Add the pineapple and mix for few seconds.
9. Divide the batter equally in the muffin tins using a cookie scoop and bake in oven for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
10. Let the cupcake cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
11. Remove the cupcakes form the pan using a paring knife, place them on cooling rack and allow to cool completely for about 1 hour.
12. In a mixer bowl fitted in a stand mixer, cream together cream cheese and butter for about 1 minute.
13. Scrape the sides of the bowl, and add in lemon extract and vanilla, and whisk well.
14. Stop the mixer, add in powdered sugar and whisk for 2 minutes, scrape the sides of bowl once while whisking.
15. Spread the frosting over cooled cupcakes and sprinkle pecans on top and serve.
You can freeze the cupcakes, by placing them on tray in freezer and then putting them on plastic bag and return in freezer.
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.9%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51 mg17%
Sodium 248.8 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 31.2 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 0.13%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet