This light, white cupcake has lots of delicious whipped chocolate ganache on top!
6 Tablespoon, cut in cubes
For wet ingredients
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
3. In a mixer bowl, put together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix well in a stand mixer for about 30 seconds.
4. Add in the butter cubes and mix for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the flour looks like moist crumbs.
5. In a measuring cup, put all the wet ingredients and beat well to incorporate.
6. Pour in the egg white mixture in the flour mixture, reserving about ½ cup of egg white mixture and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
7. Pour in the reserved egg white mixture and mix on low speed until the batter is smooth.
8. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and mix well.
9. Fill the cupcake wells with the batter using a medium cookie scoop.
10. Bake in the oven for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
11. Take the cupcakes out of the oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
12. Remove the cupcakes using a fork and place on a rack to cool completely.
For the frosting
13. In a microwave proof bowl, put the heavy cream and semi sweet chocolate chips, and mix with a spatula.
14. Heat the cream mixture in the microwave and heat for 30 second bursts until the chocolate melts.
15. Stir the mixture with a whisk until the mixture is smooth.
16. Let the mixture cool down to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
17. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes more.
18. Pour the chocolate ganache in the mixture bowl and whip at medium high speed for 2 minutes.
19. Scrape the bowl, with spatula and beat well for 3 minutes more, and transfer the mixture into another small bowl.
20. Spread the ganache over the cup cakes and serve as desired.