Irish Cream Cupcakes: Cupcake Show #19
|Semi sweet chococlates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Irish cream liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.28 tbs) (Dutch processed)|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Irish cream liqueur||3 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 325 ̊F.
2. Line cupcake pan with shamrock cupcake liners.
3. In a microwave proof bowl, melt chocolate and butter together in microwave putting it for 30 seconds batches, stir after each batch until the chocolate melts.
4. Remove and set aside.
5. In a mixer bowl, put together all the dry ingredients and whisk well to mix in a stand mixer.
6. Put in the eggs and chocolate mixture, vanilla, buttermilk and Irish Cream and beat until batter is smooth.
7. Scrape the sides of the bowl with spatula and stir well to mix.
8. Using cookie scoop divide the batter into the cupcake wells and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Take the cupcakes out of the oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
10. Remove the cupcakes using a fork and place on a rack to cool completely.
11. In a medium bowl, put together cream cheese, butter, and Irish Cream and beat until well blended and fluffy.
12. Add in the powdered sugar and mix for 2 minutes, scrape down the bowl with spatula and mix for another 2 minutes.
13. Spread the frosting over the cooled cupcakes.
14. Serve the cupcakes immediately or keep in the refrigerator.
You can also put the frosted cupcakes in the freezer over night, then wrap individually with plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag in the freezer.