Amaretto Cream Cupcakes: Cupcake Show #13
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the frosting|
|Powdered sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Heavy whipping cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Maraschino cherries||6 , cut in halves|
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
3. In small bowl, whisk together the ﬂour, baking powder and salt.
4. In a mixer bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add in almond and vanilla extract and mix well.
6. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time and beat well after each addition, and mix well.
7. Add in the ﬂour mixture in small batches alternating with the milk, beat on a low speed until just combined.
8. Raise the mixer up to medium speed and beat for 1 minute.
9. Divide batter evenly into the cupcake wells and bake in oven for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
10. In a bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar using whisk attachment.
11. Add in cream, Amaretto and almond extract and beat well.
12. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with spatula and turn mixer up to medium-high speed, and beat for 4 minutes.
13. Spread the frosting on the cupcakes, and garnish them with cherry halves and sliced almonds.