Chocolate Cupcakes with Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting: Cupcake Show #8
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For dry ingredients|
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Creamy peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2. Line the cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
3. In a microwave proof bowl, melt chocolate in microwave for 30 second bursts.
4. In a bowl, put all the dry ingredients together stir to mix and set aside.
5. In a mixer bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
6. Put in the vanilla and mix..
7. In a bowl, break the eggs and add one at a time to the butter mixture beat well after each addition.
8. Add in melted chocolate and mix.
9. Sprinkle in the dry ingredients, in 2 batches alternating it with the buttermilk.
10. Pour boiling water in, and mix until just combined.
11. Scoop the batter into cupcake wells using a large ice cream scoop and bake for 20 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
12. Remove the pan and let it cool on cooling rack for 5 minutes.
13. Lift the cupcakes using a fork and place over a cooling rack and let it cool completely.
For Peanut Butter Frosting:
14. In a mixer bowl, cream the butter and add in the peanut butter.
15. Put it in powdered sugar, vanilla and milk and beat until fluffy, for about 5 minutes.
16. Pile the frosting on the cupcake and serve as desired.