Made from fresh orange juice and zest, these cupcakes are tender and buttery and the icing is pure orangey goodness!
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
2 , zested
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (non-fat, light or regular)
Fresh orange juice
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (from the 2 oranges used for zesting)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
3 Tablespoon, softened
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Line the cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
3. In a bowl, put the dry ingredients and mix well.
For the Cake:
4. In a mixer bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and orange zest on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and ﬂuffy.
5. In a bowl, break the eggs, and add one at a time, beat well after each addition.
6. Put in the sour cream bet well and add in the orange juice.
7. Stop the mixer and add the dry ingredients, and mix until well combined.
8. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, with a spatula.
9. Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake tins, using a medium ice cream scoop.
10. Bake the cupcakes in oven for 18 minutes or lightly browned on edges.
11. Remove and let the cupcakes sit in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
For the Icing:
12. In a bowl, combine the orange juice and zest, and the lemon juice & zest.
13. In a mixer bowl , cream butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy.
14. Add in the juices and zest mixture in the butter mixture and beat on medium high speed and until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
15. Spread the icing on cooled cupcakes and let it set.