Fresh Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes: Cupcake Show #4
|Butter||5 Tablespoon, divided (3 tablespoon for topping and 2 for greasing)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soft butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For dry ingredients|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For pineapple filling|
|Fresh pineapple||1 Medium, cut in small dices (4 cups of diced pineapples)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, put all the dry ingredients and stir well to mix, and set aside.
3. Brush the cupcake tin with 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
4. In a non-stick pan over medium heat, cook pineapple dices with brown sugar, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
5. Let the pineapple coo for 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove the pineapples from the pan and place it in a bowl, using a slotted spoon and reserve the juices in pan.
7. Heat the reserved pineapple juice for about 4 to 5 minutes or until it caramelizes and gets thick.
8. Turn of the heat, move the pan and add in 3 tablespoon butter and vanilla, and stir until the butter melts.
9. Put about a tablespoon of the caramelized juice in bottom of each well.
10. Place about a tablespoon of the cooked pineapple over the caramelized juice.
11. In a mixer bowl, put together soft butter and brown sugar and mix well and beat well until form in grainy mixture.
12. Add in an egg and vanilla, and mix well.
13. Put in the flour mixture in the egg mixture in small batches alternating with small batches of pineapple juice, and mix well.
14. Using a large cookie scoop, put the batter over cooked pineapples.
15. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
16. Place the tin on a rack and let the cupcakes cool for 2 minutes.
17. Using a palate knife loosen the cake on sides.
18. Cover the cupcake tin with a baking sheet and flip it all together and lift the tin.
19. Let the cupcakes cool completely and serve as desired.