Quick Carrot Apple Cupcakes
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Grated)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Pound (Sieved)|
|Maple extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Dash|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oatmeal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flax seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Ground)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
1. Add a cup of grated apples and 2 cups grated carrots along with ¼ cup oil, ½ cup brown sugar, ½ cup molasses and 3 eggs into a bowl and mix well.
2. Add 1 cup flour,3/4 cup oatmeal, ¼ cup ground flax seeds, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda and ½ teaspoon salt.
3. Blend the wet and dry ingredients well together.
4. Oil the cupcake molds and scope out the mixture into each mold.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. For the candied carrots: Boil 2 cups of sugar in a cup of water.
7. Add a dash of vanilla extract and bring to boil.
8. Add 2 cups of finely grated carrots and simmer for an hour.
9. Let this dry for an hour and add a little sugar.
10. For the cream cheese frosting: Mix ½ cup cream cheese and half a stick of butter together.
11. Add a dash of salt and a portion of powdered sugar and continue mixing. The mixture softens as you add powdered sugar.
12. Add ½ teaspoon maple extract and the rest of powdered sugar and continue mixing.
13. If the frosting gets too thick, add a dash of milk and continue mixing.
14. Apply the maple frosting to the cupcakes.
15. Add the candied carrots on top of the frosted cupcakes.
16. Your carrot and apple cupcakes are ready to be devoured.