Easy Chocolate Cupcakes
|Dark chocolate||10 Ounce, broken into chunks (300 Gram, Don'T Use One With A High Cocoa Content)|
|Self raising flour||8 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Light muscovado sugar||8 Ounce (200 Gram, Plus 3 Tablespoon Extra)|
|Sunflower oil||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter, Plus A Little Extra For Greasing)|
|Soured cream||284 Milliliter|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4.
2) Add paper cases to a 10-hole muffin tin.
3) In a food processor, whisk the chocolate into small pieces.
4) Bring in your largest bowl. Now add the flour, sugar, cocoa, oil, 100ml soured cream, eggs, vanilla and 100ml water. With an electric beater, whisk until very smooth. Finally, add the 100g of the whisked chocolate bits and give a quick whisk.
5) Divide the batter equally among the 10 cases and bake for 20 mins or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted. Once baked, cool them on a wire rack.
6) Make the icing by adding the remaining chocolate bits, soured cream and 3 tablespoon of sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat till the chocolate is completely melted and a smooth icing is formed.
7) Chill the icing till it forms a thick paste.
8) Scoop and top the muffins with icing. Serve as a dessert or as a snack.