Quadruple Chocolate Cupcakes
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce|
|Semisweet chocolate square||2 Ounce|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Line a 12-muffin mould tray with foil-lined paper cups.
3. In a large bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
4. In a small heavy bottomed saucepan, combine butter, unsweetened chocolate, and semisweet chocolate.
5. Place on a low flame and stir until butter and chocolates have melted to form a smooth velvet sauce.
6. Take pan off the heat and stand for 5 minutes.
7. Stir sugar, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract into chocolate and blend well.
8. Pour chocolate mixture into dry sifted ingredients and stir to get a smooth thick batter.
9. Fold in chocolate pieces.
10. Spoon batter into muffin cups filling only half the cup.
11. Place muffin tray on the middle level of the preheated oven
12. Bake muffins for 12 to 15 minutes spring to touch or until a skewer comes out clean.
13. Remove from oven and invert from muffin tray onto a wire rack.
14. Allow to cool.
15. Serve warm or
16. Frost the muffins to make cupcakes and decorate as desired.