1) Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180°C.
2) In a saucepan, heat the butter until almost melted.
3) Then turn off the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted.
4) Then add the jam, eggs, sugar and salt. Beat with a spoon until all mixed together.
5) Then sift in the flour and fold altogether until thoroughly mixed.
6) Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases until they are about half full.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. They should be springy when you touch them and a thin skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
8) Leave them to cool on a wire rack then make the icing.
9) Icing : In a saucepan break the dark chocolate ; add the cream and heat gently stirring continuously until it begins to be glossy and thick.
10) Take off the heat then spread the icing on top of the cakes and decorate with a cherry.
11) Arrange the chocolate cherry cupcakes on a platter and serve.
Take a look at this interesting video that demonstrates a recipe to make chocolate cherry cupcakes. The video is step-wise and well explained making it easy for you to try out this recipe at home. Impress your guests with these gorgeous cupcakes which would surely be a hit.