Play with colors to prepare the Happy Halloween Vanilla Cupcake Icing. Halloween is the time for tricks and treats. When you know the easy way to decorate your treats, it is surely going to be more exciting time of the year.
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened to room temperature
Confectioner' s sugar
3 Cup (48 tbs) (Icing Sugar)
3 Tablespoon (More May Be Added, If Needed)
Yellow food coloring
Red food coloring
1) To a large mixing bowl, add ¼ cup softened butter, 3 cups confectioner's sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 3 tablespoons water.
2) Use an electric mixer to mix until smooth. Add more sugar to thicken the mixture or more water to thin, if required, for having a good spreading consistency.
3) Divide icing into two equal parts.
4) Add 10 drops of yellow food coloring and 1 drop of red food coloring to one part. Stir thoroughly to get a nice orange color for this half of the icing.
5) Leave the other half white.
6) Immediately spread icing on cooled cupcakes, as desired.
7) Decorate tops of cupcakes with candy corn or other Halloween-themed candy.
8) Place on a nice serving plate until ready to serve.
This icing will harden on the outside, making the cupcakes easy to handle. You should do any decorating while the icing is still soft, and you can push candy and decors into the icing, and they will not fall off after the icing sets. This is a great project to do with children for Halloween! You may want to do all of the baking of the cupcakes and mixing of the icing, and let the children decorate the tops. For older children, they will love working with the food coloring! I hope you have fun with your cupcakes and icing! (The recipes for cupcakes and icing can be used at anytime; they're not just for holidays -- but, you can easily change the colors and decorations for Christmas, Easter, Birthdays, etc.) Enjoy!!! --Betty
What is a Halloween celebration without vanilla cupcake icing. These zesty cupcakes looks not only spookily tasty, but also makes for an ultimate Halloween treat for tricksters. Betty's version of vanilla cupcake icing is so that that you wouldn't want to eat them, but once you start, you won't be able to resist.