Easy Clown Cupcakes
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening/1/2 cup butter / margarine, softened||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For buttercream frosting|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (2 Sticks)|
|Confectionery sugar||24 Ounce (6 Cups Or 1 1/2 Packages Of 16 Ounce)|
|Half and half/Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange slices/Red fruit slices||24 , cut lengthwise in half|
|Bite size fruit candies||48|
|Gum ball/Jaw breakers||24|
|Red gummy rounds||12 , cut in half|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line twenty-four 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups with paper liners.
2. In bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until smooth, frequently scraping bowl with a rubber spatula.
4. Divide batter evenly among prepared cups. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans and cool on racks.
5. Meanwhile prepare buttercream frosting: In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, half-and-half, and vanilla just until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat until frosting is smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute, constantly scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Makes 3 3/4 cups.
6. With small metal spatula, frost tops of cupcakes. Place 2 fruit slices on either side of each cupcake for clown's hair. Place 2 bite-size fruit candies for eyes and 1 gum ball for nose. Cut each gummy round into mouth shape and place on cupcake.