True Red Velvet Cupcakes
|Plain flour||200 Gram|
|Unsalted butter||75 Gram, softened|
|Caster sugar||200 Gram|
|Red food color||3 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||75 Gram, softened, cubed|
|Confectioners sugar/Icing sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 180*C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and caster sugar.
3. Add egg and blend it again.
4. In another bowl, combine cocoa powder, red food color and vanilla essence. Whisk it well.
5. Add this mixture to egg and castor sugar mixture.
6. Add salt to the butter milk and add it to the batter and mix gently.
7. Add flour to the cake mixture and whisk it well.
8. In a bowl, combine soda bicarbonate and red wine vinegar and pour it in cake dough.
9. In muffin trays, spoon in the batter.
10. Pop it into the oven for 20 minutes.
11. For making frosting – in a bowl, combine cream cheese and unsalted butter. Whisk it well.
12. Add vanilla essence and whisk well.
13. Add icing sugar to it. Blend it well.
14. On the cupcakes, spread the icing.
15. Serve it with coffee.
Calories 1229 Calories from Fat 474
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.7%
Saturated Fat 31.2 g155.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 248.7 mg82.9%
Sodium 720 mg30%
Total Carbohydrates 173 g57.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 124.8 g
Protein 12 g25%
Vitamin A 35.5% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet