Zucchini Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
|Chopped walnuts||8 Ounce, chopped (2 Cups)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 Large, beaten|
|Zucchini||1 1⁄4 Pound, shredded|
|Minced candied ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
1. Make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350° Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners. Spread the chopped walnuts on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake them until toasted, about 7 minutes. Let cool.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, cover the raisins with the brandy and microwave until hot, 30 seconds. Let cool, then drain.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the all-purpose and wheat flours with the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and eggs.
4. Squeeze the zucchini dry. Stir the walnuts, raisins, zucchini and ginger into the wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients in small batches until thoroughly blended. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and bake until the muffins spring back when lightly pressed, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool to room temperature.
5. Make the frosting: In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with the butter until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and orange zest; beat until thoroughly mixed. Spread the frosting on the cupcakes and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6218 Calories from Fat 3365
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 379 g583.8%
Saturated Fat 89.6 g448.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 736.9 mg245.6%
Sodium 4623.7 mg192.7%
Total Carbohydrates 599 g199.7%
Dietary Fiber 57.7 g230.8%
Sugars 334.2 g
Protein 107 g214.6%
Vitamin A 105.8% Vitamin C 172.1%
Calcium 119.9% Iron 160.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet