How To Decorate Sports Cupcakes
|Baked cupcakes||6 , cooled|
|Shredded coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided and tinted with white, tennis ball green and orange|
|Pastry cones||1 (Filled With Red, White And Chocolate Frosting For Piping)|
To make sports field turf:
1. Place coconut in zip-top plastic bag.
2. Add a few drops of green food coloring. Close bag and knead coconut by hand until it turns green.
3. Spread on a serving platter.
To make basketball cupcakes:
4. Frost a cupcake with orange frosting, turning cupcake as you go to evenly coat.
5. Using a pastry cone filled with chocolate frosting, pipe lines on the cupcake to look like seams on a basketball.
To make baseball cupcake:
6. Frost a cupcake with white frosting.
7. Pipe two arcs on top using the red frosting in a pastry cone.
8. Pipe the stitches on each arc using chocolate icing. Press down as you start to squeeze frosting out and then lift up.
To make a tennis ball cupcakes:
9. Create this unique shade by mixing yellow food coloring into white frosting and then add green one drop at a time, until you get the color just right.
10. Pipe two arcs with white frosting on top.
To make soccer ball cupcakes:
11. Frost cupcakes with white frosting.
12. Using the pastry cone filled with chocolate frosting, make a pentagon in the center of the cupcake and fill in with chocolate frosting.
13. Make a line from each of the points of the pentagon out to the edge of the cupcake. At the edge of each of the lines, pipe and fill a triangle shape.
14. Place finished cupcakes in a cupcake tree or on top of the coconut ""turf"" on a serving platter.
You can make these sports cupcakes and freeze them till you need them for up to two months.
Plastic zip-top bag
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 108.8 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.4%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet