Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes
|Sifted cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lightly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Confectioner's sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. For cupcakes, blend flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. Cream shortening and vanilla extract; gradually add the 1 cup brown sugar, creaming well. Beat in the peanut butter until thoroughly blended.
3. Beat eggs with remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar until thick. Add to creamed mixture and beat well.
4. Beating only until smooth after each addition, alternately add dry ingredients in fourths and milk in thirds to creamed mixture. Line 2 1/2 inch muffin-pan wells with paper baking cups or grease (bottoms only). Fill each well about one-half full with batter.
5. Bake at 350Â°F 25 to 30 minutes, or until cakes test done.
6. Remove from pans and cool.
7. For frosting, cream butter with peanut butter and vanilla extract.
8. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, beating well after each addition. Beat in egg yolk.
9. Beat in enough of the milk until frosting is of spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes.