Santa Hat Cupcakes
|For the chocolate cupcakes:|
|All purpose flour||4 Ounce|
|Cocoa powder||6 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the marshmallow fluff buttercream:|
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce (room temperature)|
|Marshmallow creme||7 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Confectioner's sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberries||To Taste, cut|
|Sanding sugar||To Taste (optional)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake papers.
2. To make the cupcakes, whisk to combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk to combine the buttermilk, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla, and coffee.
4. Add the wet to the dry and stir until not flour streaks remain.
5. Portion the batter in the cupcake papers, filling 2/3 to 3/4 up the sides. Bake for 22-24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let the cupcakes cool completely.
7. To make the frosting, whip together the butter, marshmallow creme, and confectioner's sugar for 4 minutes on high speed, until fluffy and light.
8. Pipe the frosting onto the top of the cupcake, press a strawberry into it, and pipe a ball on top. Sprinkle with sanding sugar, if desired.
9. Serve & Enjoy!
Calories 1334 Calories from Fat 689
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120.5%
Saturated Fat 34.9 g174.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.8 mg58.3%
Sodium 686.1 mg28.6%
Total Carbohydrates 162 g54.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g33%
Sugars 116.3 g
Protein 11 g21%
Vitamin A 29.6% Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 10% Iron 26.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet