Grilled Trout With Cucumber
|Whole rainbow trout||24 Ounce (2, 12 Ounce Each)|
|Clarified butter||4 Ounce|
|Dill weed||2 Teaspoon|
|Wholemeal breadcrumbs||4 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon wedges||4 (For Garnish)|
1) Clean the trout and pat dry. Make a slit on one side of the trout's backbone. Slit it open along its backbone from behind the head to the tail front.
2) Slice the flesh away from the bones. Make another slit on the other side of the fin, scaping the flesh away from the bone. Slice both ends of the bone and pull out.
3) Make a cut as far into the flesh till the entrails are seen. Pull them out.
4) Next, open one gill by pulling the head to one side. Snip it out and repeat the same with the other gill.
5) Clean the other trout too, similarly. Remove the grill rack and brush with oil.
6) Preheat the grill.
7) Slice the spring onions into 1/2-inch lengths. Slice the celery thin. Peel the cucumber and halve it long. Take the seeds out and cut them further into 1/4 inch thick slices.
8) In a saucepan, melt the butter. Arrange the trout with the skin side up on the grill. Its cavity should be open below. Brush it with butter by placing 2 inches from the heat source. Grill for 3 minutes.
9) Into the remaining butter in the pan, add in the onions, celery. Saute till golden. Take off the flame and add in the cucumber, dill, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
10) Carefully, turn the trout around in the grill. In its cavity, gently add in the stuffing. Grill for about 5 minutes.
11) When the stuffing becomes golden brown and the trout turns tender, it is done.
12) Serve the Grilled Trout With Cucumber garnished.