Minty New Potatoes with Cucumber
|Small new potatoes||1 Pound, washed and scraped (450 gram)|
|Mint stems||1 Pound (450 gram)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Large, peeled|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 grams/ 1/4 cup)|
|Chopped fresh mint||2 Teaspoon|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter / 2/3 cup)|
1. In a pot boil the potatoes with mint stems 10 to 15 minutes until just tender and drain.
2. Cut the cucumbers into lengthwise quarters and cut into cubes.
3. In a pan melt the butter and saute the cucumber for 5 minutes.
4. To this add the potatoes and chopped mint, season to taste and toss to mix properly (Add the cream, if used, and heat to just below boiling).
5. Season to taste and toss thoroughly.
6. Serve hot as a side dish with roast meats or casserole.
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.4%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g55.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.3 mg16.8%
Sodium 348 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.3%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 110.3% Vitamin C 71.8%
Calcium 33.1% Iron 34.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet