Sweet Cucumber Relish
|Ripe cucumbers||8 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet red peppers||4 , seeded and cored|
|Onions||4 Large, quartered|
|Celery seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) In a crock or glass bowl, place the sliced cucumbers and mix thoroughly with salt.
2) Allow the cucumbers to stand overnight in the refrigerator; drain thoroughly.
3) In a food chopper with a coarse blade, chop the cucumbers with peppers and onions.
4) In a kettle, combine the chopped cucumbers, peppers and onions with rest of the ingredients.
5) Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
6) In hot sterilized jars, spoon the 3 pints relish and seal the jars.
7) Use the Sweet Cucumber Relish as required.