Hot Cucumber in Lemon Verbena
|Spring onions||2 , trimmed and finely sliced|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Wholemeal plain flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||1⁄4 Pint|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Dried lemon verbena||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon slices||3 (As desired, for garnishing)|
1) First, peel the cucumber, reserving the peel.
2) With a knife, cut the cucumber into half lengthwise. Then, cut again into 1/2-inch chunks.
3) Into a dish, transfer the chopped cucumber and cover. Keep aside.
4) Now, chop the cucumber peels and keep aside.
5) In a medium sized bowl, combine the spring onions and oil.
6) On high power, cook covered for 2 minutes, or until the onions turn soft.
7) To this, add the flour and then the stock. Mix gently.
8) Cook for 2 minutes, whisking once during cooking and once after.
9) Add salt and pepper to taste.
10) To this, add the lemon verbena and the chopped cucumber peel.
11) On Defrost/Low setting, cook covered for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring once in between.
12) In a blender, puree the mixture.
13) Adjust the seasonings, if required.
14) Now, on full power, cook the cucumber chunks, covered, for 2 minutes until heated through. Do not let them soften.
15) Over this cucumber, pour the pureed sauce and cook uncovered, for 1 minute.
16) Serve the Hot Cucumber in Lemon Verbena garnished with lemon slices.
Calories 95 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 0.57 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 136.7 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 1 g3%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 12.6%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet