Cucumber Ring Supreme
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, cubed and softened (1 package)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), snipped|
|For cucumber-trim layer|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄8 Ounce (1/2 envelope)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) To make the Cucumber-trim Layer, mix together ½ envelope of unflavored gelatin, 1 tablespoon of sugar and ½ teaspoon of salt in a small saucepan.
2) Add ¾ cup of water. Heat and stir the mixture till the sugar and gelatin have properly dissolved.
3) Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and stir well.
4) Into a 6 ½-cup ring milk, pour the mixture.
5) Chill the mixture till it is partially set.
6) In the bottom of mold, overlay thin slices from ½ unpeeled cucumber.
7) Chill until almost firm.
8) In the meantime, in a small sauce, mix together the 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin, sugar and salt.
9) Add the water and stir the mixture over low heat till the sugar and gelatin have dissolved.
10) Add the lemon juice and stir well.
11) Beat the hot gelatin mixture into the softened cream cheese very gradually with the heat of a rotary beater, blending till the mixture is smooth.
12) Cut the cucumbers in half and scrape out the seeds.
12) Grind the cucumber halves using a fine blade or finely shred them.
13) Measure 2 cups of the drained ground cucumber and add it to the cream cheese mixture along with the remaining ingredients.
14) Pour the mixture over the almost firm gelatin in the mold.
15) Place the salad in the fridge and chill till it is firm.
16) Serve the salad chilled. Makes a good appetizer. Unmold onto a decorative serving platter and then serve.