Stuffed Cucumber Boats
|Cucumbers||2 Medium, pared|
|Cucumbers||2 Medium, pared and scored|
|Cottage cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Italian parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Carrot||4 Teaspoon, shredded (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Cut each cucumber lengthwise and then in half
2. Use a spoon to remove the seeds from the cucumbers and discard them
3. Sprinkle the cucumbers with salt and then place them upside down on a paper towel to drain
4. In a small bowl, place all the rest of the ingredients except the shredded carrots.
5. Dry the inside of the cucumber with paper towels tp remove the water and the rest of the salt.
6. Stuff the cucumber with 1/4 of the cheese mixture; Garnish the cut sections with 1 teaspoon shredded carrot.
7. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
8. Serve cold
Calories 70 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.45 g2.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.8 mg1.3%
Sodium 623.4 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 48.9% Vitamin C 29.5%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet