Brandade With A Collard Of Cucumber
|Smoked cod fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 Carton)|
|Smoked cod fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound, skin and bones removed|
|Dry white wine||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Olive oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Old potatoes||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Creamy milk||3 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter)|
|Thyme||1 Ounce (25 Gram, A Bunch)|
|Bay leaf||1 , crushed|
|Garlic cloves||3 Large, skinned, crushed|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), skinned|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
|Double cream||45 Milliliter|
|Double cream||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||5 Milliliter, squeezed|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Put the fish in a large, shallow heatproof dish or plate. Pour over the white wine and oil and cover loosely with cling film.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes, turning the dish halfway through cooking time.
3. Peel the potatoes, cut into 1 cm (1/2 inch) cubes and put into a medium heatproof bowl with the milk, thyme and bay leaf. Cover loosely with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes, stirring from the outside to centre halfway through cooking time. The potatoes should be tender and evenly cooked. Remove and discard the thyme and bay.
4. Using an electric hand-held mixer (or rotary beater or whisk) beat the garlic, butter and 45 ml (3 tbsp) double cream into the hot cooked potato. Add the cooked fish (and the juice) in pieces and continue to whisk until creamy and almost smooth. Season to taste.
5. Arrange pyramids or cones of the brandade on 4-6 individual serving plates and garnish with a collar of overlapping, thinly sliced cucumber around the base.
6. To make the sauce, put the cream and butter in a small bowl or jug and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 40 seconds. Stir in the lemon juice.
7. Microwave each serving on HIGH, uncovered, on its plate for 45 seconds to heat through, spooning a little sauce around each.
Calories 641 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23 mg7.7%
Sodium 38.7 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.4%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 58 g116.1%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 116%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet