Stir Fried Pork With Cucumber
|Pork fillet||12 Ounce (375 Gram, Tenderloins)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Water||1⁄2 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry/Sherry vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1 Inch, peeled, cut into matchsticks|
1. Keep pork inside a wrapper and freeze for about 1 hour until just frozen.
2. Trim away all remaining fat from the meat.
3. Cut the pork diagonally into 5 mm thick slices.
4. Cut the slices into thin strips.
5. Discard the nds of the cucumber and cut it into 6 equal pieces.
6. Cut each piece into quarters lengthways and then scoop out and discard the seeds.
7. In a jug, blend corn flour with 2 tablespoons of stock or water.
8. Add the remaining stock or water, the soy sauce and sherry or vinegar into the jug.
9. Stir well to combine.
10. Heat a wok or deep frying pan until hot.
11. In the heated wok, add the oil and heat over moderate heat until hot.
12. Add onion and ginger.
13. Stir-fry for a few seconds.
14. Add pork slice and increase the heat to high.
15. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
16. Add the corn flour mixture and bring to a boil over high heat.
17. Cook with constant stirring until the sauce thickens and is glossy.
18. Add cucumber and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the meat is tender and the cucumber is hot.
19. Season with salt and pepper.
20. Serve immediately.
Calories 407 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg1.2%
Sodium 1319.3 mg55%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 38 g76.5%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 12.5%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet