Calico Stuffed Cucumbers
|Instant chicken broth||1 Ounce (1 Envelope Or Teaspoon)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped radishes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (4 Slices)|
|Marjoram leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
1) Remove the peel of cucumbers,cut into halves lengthwise.
2) Scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
3) In a large skillet,place the cut sides facing down and add chicken broth and water and mix well.
4) Allow the mixture to boil,then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes covered with lid.
5) Remove the cucumbers with the help of slotted spoon onto paper towels to soak the water.Pat dry.
6) Reserve the broth which is around 1/2 a cup.
7) In a small skillet,stir in butter or margarine until melted.Fry radishes until tender enough.
8) Now add in the bread cubes and marjoram and mix well.
9) Add the reserved broth also to the above mixture,toss to mix well.
10) On a shallow 6-cup baking dish,place the cucumber halves and fill the stuffing in them.
11) Bake in moderate oven (350°) for about 20 minutes and remove from oven.
12) In a small bowl,beat egg until smooth,mix in milk, salt and pepper. Sprinkle cheese over cucumbers and pour egg mixture into baking dish.
13)Transfer the baking dish to the oven and continue to bake for 20 minutes, or until custard is set.
14) Serve portioned in serving bowls.
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.3%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 69 mg23%
Sodium 308.3 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet