Cucumber Cups With Gravalax And Capers
|Head of lettuce||1|
|English cucumber||1 Large|
|Capers||4 Teaspoon, drained, rinsed|
1) Wash the lettuce and at dry it. Take out and discard any bruised or discolored leaves. Divide the lettuce among 4 salad plates and keep aside.
2) Rinse the lemon, dry it and cut crosswise into 4 slices which are about 1/4-inch thick. Set aside.
3) Rinse the cucumber and dry it. Trim the edges and throw them away. Using a sharp paring knife, cur the cucumber crosswise into quarters of about 4-inches. Around one end of each quarter, cut a triangle which is about 1-inch deep so as to form a crown shape. Scoop the inside out with a melon bailer or a teaspoon. At the bottom, leave about 1/4-inch of flesh.
4) With 2 slices of gravlax, stuff each cucumber cup and top with 1 teaspoon of capers.
5) Among the lettuce-lined plates, divide the cucumber cups. Fold the remaining gravlax slices into a cone shape and place one next to every cucumber cup.
6) Serve after garnishing with a lemon slice.