|Cucumbers||3 Medium, peeled, seeded, and cut in 1 1/2" cubes, parboiled and drained|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Toasted seasoned bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Place the cubed cucumbers on a paper towel to absorb the moisture and dry them well.
2. In a heavy skillet, melt butter along with oil, over a medium flame.
3. To bread the cucumbers first dip them in the beaten egg and toss them around in bread crumbs until well coated on all sides.
4. Drop them in batches, into the hot fat and fry them for 4-5 minutes until crisp and evenly browned.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove and drain the cucumbers on a paper toweling.
6. Transfer the fried cucumbers to a warm oven set at 250° F to keep warm.
7. Transfer the warm cucumbers on a serving plate
8. Accompany with lemon wedges and/or Tartar Sauce if you like.
9. Serve them immediately while crispy.
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.1 mg30.7%
Sodium 194.6 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 4 g9%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet