|Cucumbers||3 Medium, peeled, sliced|
|Scallions||5 , chopped fine|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Cumin powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Powdered cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yoghurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Sprinkle the sliced cucumbers with a little salt and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
2) On a plate, spread the cucumber slices and press out the excess moisture by topping with another plate.
3) In a bowl, combine the yoghurt, cumin, scallions, pepper, cloves and chili powder, blend well.
4) Place both the cucumbers and the yoghurt mixture in the refrigerator.
5) Arrange the cucumbers in individual dishes, spoon over the yoghurt mixture and serve immediately.
Calories 61 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.4%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.3 mg2.4%
Sodium 133.2 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 12.8%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet