Sopa De Vigilia Soup for The Fast Days
|Garbanzos||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried codfish||8 Ounce|
|Onion||1 , quartered|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Spinach||2 Bunch (200 gm), chopped|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped hard cooked eggs||2 Tablespoon (for topping)|
1. Take a bowl and add garbanzo beans and pour lots of water over it and soak them overnight. Or Quickly soak the beans and drain.
2. Take another bowl and add cod fish and pour lots of water over it and soak them overnight.
3. Flake the codfish into small chunks.
4. Add codfish flakes with soaked garbanzos with baking soda, water, onion and bay leaf.
5. Simmer for 4 hours and then remove from heat.
6. Puree the one carrot and combine it with 3 tbsp of garbanzos.
7. Get rid of the remaining onion and carrot.
8. Take a frying pan and add olive oil and stir in garlic, chopped onion and spinach and saute until the onion is soft and spinach turns soft.
9. Stir in tomatoes, ground thyme, marjoram and ground oregano and cook for another 5 minutes.
10. Stir in mashed carrot, tomato mixture, garbanzos, mashed carrot, and bay leaves cook for another 15 minutes.
11. Serve the Soup for the Fast Days after removing the bay leaves, after garnishing with eggs.