Cuban Bean Stew
|Dried black beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked overnight and drained|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , thinly sliced|
|Hot chili peppers||2 , seeded and minced|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a casserole dish, place the beans.
3) Add the stock, onions, celery, peppers, parsley, ginger soy sauce, garlic thyme and bay leaf.
4) Bring the mixture to a slight boil.
5) Transfer the casserole dish to the oven.
6) Bake for 2 hours or until the beans are tender.
7) Remove the discard from oven and discard the bay leaf
8) Serve the casserole hot with fresh bread or boiled rice.