Cuban Breaded Steaks With Red Beans And Rice
|Pinto beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), dried, rinsed and soaked overnight|
|Bacon||2 Ounce, smoked|
|Smoked bacon/2 large slices||2 Ounce, diced|
|Lean ham||2 Ounce, diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Onion||1⁄2 , diced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Small, seeded and diced|
|Cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Oregano||1⁄8 Teaspoon, dried|
|Long grain white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced to a paste|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon, freshly squeezed|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly squeezed|
|Top sirloin steak||24 Ounce (4 Steaks, About 6 Ounces Each)|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fine)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Fine bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flat leaf parsley||4 Tablespoon, minced (3 Tablespoon For Garnish)|
|Light olive oil||4 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup)|
|White onion||3 Tablespoon, minced (For Garnish)|
1) In a large heavy skillet, saute the bacon over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, until crisp.
Remove and drain on paper towels.
2) In the same skillet, saute the ham in the skillet drippings, for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Remove and drain on paper towels.
3) In the same skillet, saute the garlic, onion and bell pepper in the oil over a medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Stir in 4 cups of reserved cooking liquid from the beans, cooked bacon and ham, cumin, oregano, pepper, salt and rice. Bring the mixture to a boil, simmer covered over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
5) Then stir in the reserved beans and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed.
6) In a large shallow dish, combine all the marinade ingredients together, pound and add the steak marinate, then marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
7) In a shallow bowl, place the eggs and on a plate mix the bread crumbs and parsley together.
8) Remove the steaks from the marinade, pat dry, then dredge the steaks in the egg and then coat well with the bread crumbs.
9) In a heavy saute pan or skillet, saute 2 steaks at a time in 2 tablespoons of the oil over a medium-high heat for about 2 minutes each side for medium rare or 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium and until golden brown. Repeat with the other 2 steaks.
10) On warm serving plates, place the steaks, garnish with onion and top with the parsley.
Spoon the red beans and rice on the side and serve immediately.