Cuban Black Bean & Ham Soup
|Black beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked overnight and drained (Uncooked)|
|Lower salt ham||2 Ounce (1 Slice)|
|Chopped green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Seasoning blend||2 Teaspoon (Mrs. Dash Original Blend)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lower salt ham||6 Ounce, cut into 3/4 inch cubes (1 1/2 Cubes)|
1. In a medium saucepan combine beans, ham slice, green pepper, onion and seasonings and add enough water to just cover beans.
2. Let it boil lower heat, cover and simmer about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until beans are tender and most of liquid is absorbed.
3. Put in ham cubes.
4. Let it cook 10 minutes, or until ham is heated through.
5. Remove ham slice before serving.
6. Serve over rice, if desired.