Pressure Cooker Cuban Style Black Beans
|Dried black beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked overnight then drained|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (plus water for soaking)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped finely|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (with stems)|
|Sherry/White vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
- Set pressure cooker on chicken/meat setting and heat olive oil.
- Saute onions and green pepper until translucent.
- Add garlic, cilantro, bay leaves, cumin and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add pepper, salt, vinegar, sugar and continue to cook.
- Add water, beans and cover with lid. Lock and pressure cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and blend 1 ½ cups of beans with liquid in a food processor. Remove bay leaves and cilantro leaves. Pour the puree back into cooker and cook for few minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with any meal and enjoy!
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 124.3 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.8%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 17 g34.5%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 107.2%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet